Through my work at Modern Parlance, I deliver projects using a wide range of skills from content creation, to governance. I am required to use my expertise to manage everything from daily site maintenance to content assessment and strategy, social media and community management to site transition. As writer and blogger, I tackle a range of lifestyle topics such as food, travel, property and consumer advice but I’ve written on engineering, career development, and marketing as well.
- Experienced content manager and strategist with over 20 years’ experience working in high profile and fast-paced environments.
- Specialised in content assessment and strategy, community management, and analytical research.
- Strong stakeholder management skills thanks to proficiency in project management and communications.
- Results focused – dedicated to delivering high quality and sustainable outcomes within tight budgets and timeframes.
- Effective team leader with both line and matrix management experience
Contact me for more information or a complete CV.
- Served as Content Audit Manager for the food website of a major FMCG retailer, managing the audit process and a six-person, multi-locational team made up of junior content managers and nutritionists.
- Guided major educational non-profit through digital transformation of website, social media and fundraising.
- Conducted in depth research and analysis project for a Fortune 500 company; evaluating information on suitable and high profile speaking events for members of senior management team.
- Developed multi-channel content plans and architecture for international sporting event website.
Further details on these and other projects available upon request.
Select Writing Samples
- Food52, contributor – What Shakespeare Has to Do with Anchovies
- Buzzfeed, contributor – 15 Things You Need To Eat In Coventry Right Now
- Banburyshire Info, food and restaurant critic – The Castle at Edgehill
- Fabulous Foodie, blogger – The Myths and Making of Mayonnaise
- Banburyshire Info, advertorial writer – Benefits of Organic Cosmetics
- British Airways’ The Club, contributor –We think… we could learn a thing or two from American tourists
- Greater Gotham: Going Global, blogger: Summer Holiday @ Domaine Des Ormes
- Personal Parlance, blogger: Is Content King … Or Isn’t It?
- Local History is Awesome, blogger –Banbury’s History of Prudes, Drunkards and Murderers
These and further samples available on my portfolio page on Personal Parlance.